Header

Image Map

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Eating: Veggie Nachos


The following is another super simple recipe that I pretty much made up last night. I am loving all the veggies available right now but had a craving for a mexican type dinner. I have gotten pretty good at making something out of not much and this is just everything thrown together. I probably could have made it healthier without the cheese, but figured my TWO classes at the gym yesterday would allow for a little cheese.

Veggie Nachos:
vidalia onion
squash
zucchini 
tomatoes
salsa
pepper jack cheese
jalapenos
lettuce (herb mix)
tortilla chips
avocado

Saute onions until they are soft and translucent or a little browned (which is how I like mine). Add zucchini and squash to the pan and cook until softened a little but still have a good amount of bite to them.
That's it. Now it is time to assemble the nachos. 
I layer the items the following way  (from bottom up) chips, lettuce, squash/zucchini/onion mixture, tomatoes cheese, salsa, jalapenos, avocado.  

Are you enjoying my recipe posts? I am not very good at taking pictures throughout the process, but make sure to get an end product picture. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...