Header

Image Map

Friday, August 23, 2013

Moving out and Moving on

I wrote this post right before I moved out but had yet to share. It was in my drafts and just waiting to be published. I have since moved, but wanted to include my feelings during this time so that I may look back and remember. 

So here it goes, another adventure in this little life of mine. I am currently in the middle of packing up my little house and moving about 7 miles down the road. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know it isn't that far. But the memories of this little home I have created began flooding back the past couple of nights. Sometimes I find it so crazy just to think I have only been here two and a half years, yet others it is hard to believe I have been here this long. It seems like just yesterday I was leaving home, starting a completely different life for myself, becoming a grown-up, leaving behind a town full of memories and people that helped make me who I am today. It is the times when you are packing up that all the memories come pushing back into your brain. The ones of home and college, of growing and learning, of decision-making and decision-breaking. I went through some heartaches in this little home, right by myself. I did what I wanted here, I danced around in my underwear singing in a hairbrush, I have cried, I have been sick, heartbroken, crying, laughing, downing a bottle of wine just because, celebrated friend's marriages, gotten through bad relationships, and started the best one of all. All right here in this little home

july 2013
This home taught me so much, I learned about myself here more than anywhere I have lived so far and I was blessed to call this my home. Once again I am blessed to be here in this space and sharing my words with you. ooo, Montana

1 comment:

Niken said...

such a sweet memory. definitely something you'd like to remember and re-read again in the future

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...